In October, Atlassian announced they were simplifying their self-managed offerings to focus on bringing your organization the best cloud experience. In other words, Atlassian is moving away from on-premise servers and accelerating your organization’s journey to cloud migration. Although this change was inevitable, what does it mean for your organization?
First, there are two types of Addteq customers affected by this transition:
- Customers who manage their network on their own infrastructure
- Customers who use Codefactori to manage their hosting
Here’s a snapshot of what’s coming as of February 2, 2021:
- New server license sales will end
- New prices will be implemented for existing server renewals and upgrades
Atlassian is offering three years of support and maintenance for your server products, but this will come to an end on February 2, 2024. While these changes might come as a shock, it’s actually a blessing as this transition is accelerating your move to a newer, better solution, whether that’s migrating to the Atlassian Cloud or adopting Data Center. To help you with this transition, Addteq is here to answer any questions you have and to make your migration easy and seamless.
Heading to the Cloud With The Atlassian Migration Program
For those that opt to move to the cloud, you’ll find that life is about to get a whole lot easier and your organization’s operations aren’t going to miss a beat. Chances are that you’ve already been working with a few cloud-based SaaS tools and you’ve found them to be helpful, improving your productivity and accessibility. That only increases when you move your entire operations to the cloud.
In addition, there are other key benefits to moving to the Atlassian Cloud:
- You get the most up-to-date version of the Atlassian tools you’re probably already using
- It’s more cost-effective than using your own infrastructure
- Your system uptime is guaranteed on the cloud
To help your transition as smooth and efficient as possible, Addteq can help you through the Atlassian Migration Program:
- Assess – Is the cloud the right choice for us?
- Plan – What steps will we take?
- Prep – Get everyone on board and the data ready to migrate
- Test – Make sure everything works as it should
- Migrate – Move the data and the users to the cloud and resolve any issues
- Launch – Help you get up and running while we retire your old server
Come Down to Earth with Atlassian Data Center
For those that aren’t quite ready to go all-in on cloud technology, Atlassian Data Center is the perfect solution to keep your business grounded while still letting you rise to new heights.
A robust and self-managed hosting solution, Data Center is being enhanced to include new capabilities and integrations to make it easier to use SaaS and Data Center products together. Plus with the hybrid nature of Data Center, you gain the flexibility and speed of the cloud while continuing to host your network on your own self-managed infrastructure.
- Experience higher availability
- Access the full versions of Atlassian tools
- Minimize costs while maximizing ROI
To help you make the transition to Data Center, we offer a package called Codefactori Enterprise. It’s a set of automation tools that help you transition from on-premise infrastructure to cloud environments, helping you migrate your apps, integrations, and customizations.
The Right Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner at the Right Time
As an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner, Addteq is uniquely qualified to understand the challenges that come with migrating from a local server to the Atlassian Cloud or Data Center.
We’re the partner you need to help you in this transition because not only do we know how your infrastructure works, but we know how your applications, integrations, and customizations will behave after the migration. The moment is coming and you need to make a choice. Do you migrate to the Atlassian Cloud or do you transition to Data Center?