Collaborative editing has transformed the way teams work together, making it easier to collaborate on documents, presentations, and other projects in real time. However, many companies have concerns about the security of their data when using cloud-based collaborative editing tools.
That’s why Excellentable has introduced an option to collaboratively edit Confluence spreadsheets behind a firewall for your Confluence data center. In this blog post, we’ll explore the advantages of hosting collaborative editing behind your firewall is a game-changer.
Confluence collaborative editing spreadsheets: Advantages
- Enhanced Security: When you host your collaborative editing behind your firewall, you have complete control over the security of your data. You can set up firewalls, access controls, and other security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access.
- Compliance: Many companies need to comply with strict data privacy and security regulations. By hosting your collaborative editing behind your firewall, you can ensure that you’re meeting all of these requirements.
- Cost-Effective: Hosting your collaborative editing behind your firewall might be a cost-effective option, especially for larger organizations.
- Increased Control: Finally, hosting your collaborative editing behind your firewall gives you greater control over your data.
Excellentable collaborative editing behind the firewall works similarly to our hosted service. To enable collaborative editing behind a firewall, a user can choose the option in the admin screen of the Excellentable app. Then follow the below steps:
Set up Collaborative Editing behind firewall
Collaborative editing behind the firewall works similarly to our regular collaborative editing. You will essentially create a copy of our collaborative editing services behind your own firewall and connect your Excellentable to it. You can follow the below steps to host collaborative editing services at your end
- Navigate to manage apps → Excellentable (You will need Confluence admin permissions for this step.)
- Select enable collaborative editing
- Select the option to use collaborative editing behind the firewall. (Note that this feature is only available in the Data Center version of Excellentable.)
- Select the docker instruction or download the executable jar files to work to install using Debian/RPM package
The detailed instructions can be found here
If you’re looking for a secure, customizable, and cost-effective way to collaborate in your Confluence spreadsheets, hosting your collaborative editing behind your firewall is an excellent option. With enhanced security, compliance, cost-effectiveness, and increased control, it’s a game-changer for businesses of all sizes.
Learn more about Spreadsheets in Confluence and start your 30-day free Excellentable trial today