Some of you might already have seen that Atlassian announced the future end of Server hosting for all their products. Haven’t seen it? View the official announcement here.
More than half of Addteq’s customers are on a Server platform, so we understand that in the coming months/years, anyone who wishes to migrate to either Cloud or Data Center will have a significant challenge ahead. The Atlassian toolset continues to improve and remains an unbeatable set of collaborative tools that promote TEAM. As dedicated Platinum Solution Partners, we assure you that Addteq is devoted to helping the Atlassian Community during this transition.
So, what exactly is changing?
On, February 2nd, 2021, the following changes will go into effect:
• End of all new Server sales
• Price increase for upgrades & renewals of server products.
Data Center changes:
• New functionality included in Data Center
• Pricing updates to support continued innovation of Atlassian Data Center products
• Additional Atlassian-built apps and new functionality will be included in a Data Center subscription. See more in the announcement.
• Priority Support will now be included in Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Crowd Data Center, as well as Bitbucket Data Center for customers with 500+ users.
All server customers can continue to work with their licenses for another 3 years without restrictions. Up until that and of course, from that point onward, we would love to provide our apps matching the deployment option you choose. Currently, Excellentable- Spreadsheets for Confluence is available for Confluence cloud. We either already offer a migration path via the Atlassian migration assistant or are currently working on it. Stay tuned for a "one-button migration option" for Excellentable with UUID coming soon.
Want to understand what marketplace applications can be migrated in your instance? Reach out to us for a FREE Readiness Assessment.
Future Dates & Updates
• Coming Soon – Atlassian plans to make Bamboo Data Center available in the near future.
• February 2, 2022 – End of Server Upgrades & Downgrades. Customers can no longer upgrade or downgrade user tiers for their server products or apps.
• February 2, 2023 – End of new App sales for existing server Licenses. Customers can no longer purchase new apps for existing server licenses. App renewals are expected to be prorated with an end date of February 2, 2024, to match their server products’ end of support date.
• February 2, 2024 – End of Server Support. Support and bug fixes will no longer be available for server products and apps, and any renewals will be prorated to match this date.
What resources is Atlassian providing at this time?
Atlassian has published & implemented a ton of resources to help its customers understand this change. There is a self-service Cloud Hub that can help Atlassian users understand everything they need to know about the end of Server. Beyond this, Atlassian provides a number of offers, incentives, and support resources to facilitate your move to cloud:
For all customers:
• The Atlassian Migration Program (AMP): The AMP provides step-by-step resources, tools, offers, and support to guide you through every step of your move to cloud.
• Free cloud migration trials: To help ease costs associated with migrating or upgrading, we’re offering free extended cloud trial licenses to allow you more time to explore cloud.
• Cloud Trust Center: Find answers to all your questions about security, privacy, reliability, and compliance in Atlassian cloud.
• Cloud plans for all teams: We’ve introduced a range of cloud plans for Jira and Confluence, including Free, Premium, and Enterprise, so customers of all sizes can benefit from the innovation and speed of cloud. Bitbucket also offers a range of cloud plans so you can get exactly what you need.
For larger customers:
• Cloud loyalty discount: Enterprise customers moving to cloud may be eligible for an additional discount.
For Academic, Community, and Open Source customers
• Cloud Academic and Community pricing: To support teams that are making a huge impact on their communities, we’re offering specialized Academic and Community pricing in cloud.
• Free cloud Open Source subscriptions: Teamwork is key to any Open Source initiative, which is why Atlassian’s cloud software is free for Open Source projects.
For Government customers
• Government resources: To keep the mission moving forward, government agencies and program teams have access to specialized partner support and resources. Addteq is an Atlassian Government Partner, reach out to us to discuss your specific situation.
What will Addteq do to help?
Addteq will provide a FREE Cloud Readiness Assessment to determine your current setup and specialized situations. This will include license & app assessment, migration steps, major blockers, and more.
This assessment will help you answer:
- Which is better for us, Cloud or Data Center?
- If Cloud, which Cloud – Standard/Premium or Enterprise?
- If Data Center, multi or single node?
- What about apps?
- Review of GDPR and other compliance items
- Should we stick with our Server instance until the end of support in 2024?
Addteq will also always keep you informed via workshops/ newsletters/ blog posts, etc. Check out our 4 levels of cloud maturity infographic to get started.
Make an appointment with us today to set up your Free Cloud Readiness Assessment.
We are here to help answer any questions you may have, just let us know how we can support you.