Rewind to 2019, having worked in an office environment throughout my career, if someone asked me if a world would exist where I could Work From Home (WFH) or be remote and yet effective, I would have looked the other way since it seemed practically impossible. Fast forward to 2020 and a virus, changed (almost) everything. COVID-19 had a dramatic impact on almost every business. It became evident that those who couldn’t adapt to the new normal (Remote Working) would face extinction due to regulatory lockdowns. While many businesses shut shop, others managed to contribute remotely. However, this adoption came with its own set of challenges ranging from security to business continuity to capacity utilization and many more. On the other side, the challenges skewed to lack of real-time, face-to-face communication, which greatly impacted the ability to communicate, solve problems together, and set the stage for quick decision-making. Over the last nine-months, business leaders have been forced to evaluate the way they conduct business both internally and with their customers. Businesses that were reluctant to, or incapable of, allowing employees to work from home were essentially forced to do so to help flatten the curve and minimize the spread of this harmful virus. it has become abundantly clear to organizations across the globe that having proper tools for a job while working remotely is imperative.
So, what does this entail? Well, it means that:
- Business stakeholders had to work on building a culture that helps their teams navigate the new environment and succeed in it.
- Organizations had to focus on online tools to ensure smooth communication and collaboration between teams.
- A likely hood of an increased focus on automation.
- Forecasting higher reliance on technology and tools to enable smoother handshakes between the teams so that there are no delays or wastage.
- In the absence of in-person meetings and networking, organizations had to enable continuous learning and knowledge sharing to keep the teams motivated
An important piece of discussion is what will business do as things open back up post-COVID-19. Some of the big names that never previously experimented with working remotely and now see the upside is looking to go with a hybrid of remote and office or all remote all the way. But more importantly, organizations will look forward to the following two initiatives:
- Opt for tools that give more visibility
- Augment existing toolset
Although DevOps adoption to software delivery has benefited organizations in more ways than one; but making it work for a remote workforce brings with it its own set of challenges like ineffective collaboration, difficulty in progress tracking, security and compliance, data fragmentation to name a few. To overcome these, right tools and the right mindset, teamwork is of utmost importance. Some of the best practices are:
- Investing in Effective Collaboration Tools
- Effective remote Collaboration with regular update meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Automate Code quality using tools like static analysis
- Increased focus on test automation
- Update Security and Compliance for Remote Work Environment
- Update Compliance and Governance for Remote Work Environment
In a bid to accelerate the above, industry leaders like Atlassian have been helping businesses all over the world collaborate in the same office, from home, or across the globe.
An Atlassian study titled “Reworking Work: Understanding the Rise of Work Anywhere” found that 83% of employees in India are nervous about going back to the office & 66% are likely to want to work completely from home!
The writing on the wall is clear – remote working is the new normal and social distancing or not, organizations need to be prepared to address the needs of their remote teams.
Some of the Atlassian applications allowing remote business teams to stay connected to internal and external stakeholders include Jira Software, Jira Service Management (previously Jira Service Desk), Confluence, and Bitbucket. With great power, comes great responsibility. Here comes Codefactori to the rescue.
Codefactori and DevOps go hand-in-hand
Codefactori has built a powerful global network for managing some of the world’s most complex IT environments. Financial institutions and healthcare corporations rely on a secure and scalable enterprise platform that offers Data Encryption, High Availability, High Performance, Disaster Recovery, Single Sign-On (SSO), and Integration with other DevOps tools. In order to manage instances in an on-premise environment, a specialized resource is needed which again can weigh on existing tight budgets. With Codefactori Enterprise, organizations can stay on-premise and aim to achieve seamless integrations, enhanced security, and significant cost savings.
Considering the importance of monitoring application performance to detect bugs and issues, Codefactori offers a variety of monitoring tools for easy logging of records. For teams looking to quickly analyze and debug applications, Codefactori gives insight into how your application is performing and the team at Addteq can help you troubleshoot the root cause of performance issues and errors.
Managed DevOps brings forth some great advantages:
- Provision shift from CAPEX to OPEX, eliminating the need to invest heavily on owning infrastructure and managing it.
- Guided migrations and scheduled maintenance provide better resource & capacity planning.
- With an uptime commitment of 99.95%, minimal disruptions to the development process are guaranteed.
- The efficient incident, change, and service request management includes a response to any highlighted performance bottlenecks.
- Infrastructure Orchestration included where solutions can be architectured to be available at all levels.
- Development and deployment are assured to be embedded with enterprise-grade security. including patching of security upgrades.
- 24×7 monitoring and Proactive response.
- Possibility of provisioning on-demand resources to drive business agility.
At Addteq, we understand your DevOps needs and strive to provide expert recommendations that are needed to implement changes to achieve your business objectives quicker. We integrate, configure, and manage your favorite tools that will streamline your development process.