When organizations across the world started struggling to keep up with the pace of technological changes, market dynamics, and customer expectations, Cloud brought in capabilities that were previously unheard of. Access to anytime, anywhere resources with the option to only pay for what is used completely changed operational models. Cloud not only ensures users have access to the resources and tools they need to do their jobs, but it also allows them to scale them – as and when they want – and adapt their organization to the business world.
And today, as the COVID-19 crisis makes remote work a necessity, the popularity of cloud computing has grown manifold.
When on-prem was the only option
Organizations traditionally setup their IT operations environments mostly on-premise. They implemented their systems in physical infrastructures located either within their own premises or in remote places, so carry out their day-to-day IT operations.
• A secure place to run systems with decent levels of availability, reliability, and access.
• Exceptional level of control over data and operations with little or no dependency on a single vendor.
• Predictable up-front costs apart from the cost of maintenance.
• Flexibility to engineer solutions by choosing from a range of customization options to suit the needs of the business.
• Straightforward c
• End-to-end visibility into where data is stored, how it is stored, and who has access to it.
Challenges with on-prem deployments
Despite all the capabilities of on-prem environments, physical infrastructures started to pose many challenges – especially as customer demands grew, organizations started witnessing high levels of sustained growth
• Lack of scalability: When it comes to scalability, on-premises solutions fail miserably. Because physical systems can only accommodate a limited number of workloads, they do not meet the scalability needs of organizations on the road to growth.
• Effort for IT teams to manage upgrades and security: On-premises systems are frequently
• Collaboration challenges for remote teams: On-premises systems pose a
• Downtime: With high availability becoming a requisite of modern businesses, the
• Complexity in administration: On-prem environments
• Complex security and compliance: Many traditional, on-premises environments are built using proprietary code and run on old operating systems and web browsers. As the technology becomes obsolete (or unsupported), organizations miss out on potential benefits from newer functionality – posting a huge risk in terms of security and compliance.
Benefits of Atlassian Cloud
As organizations move to the Cloud, Atlassian Cloud offers unlimited scale and control. With new plans that support
• Reliability and scalability: Atlassian Cloud’s Enterprise Plan allows organizations to scale Atlassian products – without boundaries. With support for unlimited users in the Cloud, it provides organizations reliable access to the resources they need while offering top-tier problem resolution that large, diverse teams come across.
• Automated updates and upgrades: Organizations who opt for Atlassian Cloud need not worry about manually updating or upgrading their services. Since all updates and upgrades are automated, users can continue to carry out their day-to-day operations and benefit from the latest features and patches for better experience and business outcome.
• High performance: Atlassian cloud makes it easy for the remote workforce to work from anywhere, at any time. This helps in fueling their productivity in the long run. With secure access to cloud resources, workers can enjoy leveraging the latest features of the Cloud, which translates directly into
• Security and compliance: As s
• Flexibility: Atlassian cloud offers organizations the freedom to choose where they want to host their data. Moreover, centralized billing makes it easy for organizations to provide access to instances in the environment – with a single user license.
• Greater innovation: Since Atlassian cloud solution eliminates the need to maintain physical hardware inventory, organizations can pave the way for greater innovation. With Atlassian hosting, setting up, securing, and maintaining workloads in the cloud, organizations can get started quickly and focus on driving innovation – from the beginning.
Benefits of hosting with Addteq’s Codefactori solution
The cloud has always been a much-talked-about concept, but the on-going COVID-19 pandemic has catapulted cloud adoption rate. With most of the workforce working remotely, the Cloud offers benefits that make working from home easy. Atlassian users can achieve a lot by migrating their instances to the Cloud. Is your organization ready for this transformation?
Get in touch with us for your transformation