When organizations across the world started struggling to keep up with the pace of technological changes, market dynamics, and customer expectations, Cloud brought in capabilities that were previously unheard of. Access to anytime, anywhere resources with the option to only pay for what is used completely changed operational models. Cloud not only ensures users have access to the resources and tools they need to do their jobs, but it also allows them to scale them – as and when they want – and adapt their organization to the business world.
And today, as the COVID-19 crisis makes remote work a necessity, the popularity of cloud computing has grown manifold.
Organizations traditionally setup their IT operations environments mostly on-premise. They implemented their systems in physical infrastructures located either within their own premises or in remote places, so carry out their day-to-day IT operations.
On-premises infrastructures give organizations below that they needed:
• A secure place to run systems with decent levels of availability, reliability, and access.
• Exceptional level of control over data and operations with little or no dependency on a single vendor.
• Predictable up-front costs apart from the cost of maintenance.
• Flexibility to engineer solutions by choosing from a range of customization options to suit the needs of the business.
• Straightforward compliance with industry-specific and geographic regulations by storing sensitive data in private data centers.
• End-to-end visibility into where data is stored, how it is stored, and who has access to it.
Despite all the capabilities of on-prem environments, physical infrastructures started to pose many challenges – especially as customer demands grew, organizations started witnessing high levels of sustained growth.
• Lack of scalability: When it comes to scalability, on-premises solutions fail miserably. Because physical systems can only accommodate a limited number of workloads, they do not meet the scalability needs of organizations on the road to growth.
• Effort for IT teams to manage upgrades and security: On-premises systems are frequently built on several layers of traditional or legacy infrastructure that is difficult to understand and maintain. For any upgrade or update, organizations have to depend heavily on IT teams with limited bandwidth and resources.
• Collaboration challenges for remote teams: On-premises systems pose a significant challenge in terms of access for remote teams. Organizations are increasingly geographically distributed, and as the workforce begins to depend on BYOD (bring your own device) policy including laptops and mobile devices, on-premises systems fail to offer seamless access to tools and resources needed to perform day-to-day tasks.
• Downtime: With high availability becoming a requisite of modern businesses, the cost of downtime due to negative impact on individual and team productivity cannot be overlooked. Significant outages can bring the entire organization to a halt.
• Complexity in administration: On-prem environments maybe difficult to administer. Administration requires a specialized team of administrators with niche skills to maintain systems, debug problems, and ensure smooth operations.
• Complex security and compliance: Many traditional, on-premises environments are built using proprietary code and run on old operating systems and web browsers. As the technology becomes obsolete (or unsupported), organizations miss out on potential benefits from newer functionality – posting a huge risk in terms of security and compliance.
As organizations move to the Cloud, Atlassian Cloud offers unlimited scale and control. With new plans that support unlimited users to help scale the growing collaboration needs of teams across the organization, Atlassian Cloud delivers enhanced capabilities across security, governance, data privacy, and administration. Features and capabilities are constantly updated, so are SLAs.
• Reliability and scalability: Atlassian Cloud’s Enterprise Plan allows organizations to scale Atlassian products – without boundaries. With support for unlimited users in the Cloud, it provides organizations reliable access to the resources they need while offering top-tier problem resolution that large, diverse teams come across.
• Automated updates and upgrades: Organizations who opt for Atlassian Cloud need not worry about manually updating or upgrading their services. Since all updates and upgrades are automated, users can continue to carry out their day-to-day operations and benefit from the latest features and patches for better experience and business outcome.
• High performance: Atlassian cloud makes it easy for the remote workforce to work from anywhere, at any time. This helps in fueling their productivity in the long run. With secure access to cloud resources, workers can enjoy leveraging the latest features of the Cloud, which translates directly into optimal organizational performance.
• Security and compliance: As security is a business requisite, Atlassian Cloud offers enterprise-grade security and centralized administration across all Atlassian cloud products. Security features include simplified single sign-on logins, advanced user provisioning, Active Directory syncing, controlled API access, 2-factor authentication mechanisms, and more. Using Atlassian cloud, organizations can scale Atlassian products with confidence – without worrying about security or compliance requirements.
• Flexibility: Atlassian cloud offers organizations the freedom to choose where they want to host their data. Moreover, centralized billing makes it easy for organizations to provide access to instances in the environment – with a single user license.
• Greater innovation: Since Atlassian cloud solution eliminates the need to maintain physical hardware inventory, organizations can pave the way for greater innovation. With Atlassian hosting, setting up, securing, and maintaining workloads in the cloud, organizations can get started quickly and focus on driving innovation – from the beginning.
Benefits of hosting with Addteq's Codefactori solution
If you have strict data hosting constraints, if your instances are mission critical and if you want to abstract yourself from the complexities and overheads of managing your instances on the Cloud, choose DevOps managed hosting services like Codefactori. Codefactori is a complete solution for software development teams. It helps software teams be free of restrictions, outages, and other obstacles that stifle productivity and innovation. With a fully managed, hosted, and customizable software environment, development teams can work the way they want to, not restricted by their tools. Enterprises worldwide that are looking for seamless scalability, enterprise-grade security, and reliability trust Codefactori.
The cloud has always been a much-talked-about concept, but the on-going COVID-19 pandemic has catapulted cloud adoption rate. With most of the workforce working remotely, the Cloud offers benefits that make working from home easy. Atlassian users can achieve a lot by migrating their instances to the Cloud. Is your organization ready for this transformation?